November 13, 2013 | Uncategorized
Jackson Care Connect is a nonprofit coordinated care organization committed to the values of integrity, transparency, stewardship, innovation and collaboration. We bring together physical, behavioral and oral health services under a single plan – making it easier for our Jackson County Oregon Health Plan members to get the care they need.
The board of directors is made up of experienced, local health care leaders and Jackson Care Connect members who understand the needs of our community. JCC’s community advisory council is working closely with the other two CCOs in the Rogue Valley to design a regional community health needs assessment.
Jackson Care Connect partners with health care organizations to test innovative projects that improve care and promote health in the community.
In some cases social solutions that remove barriers to care are needed to solve medical problems.
Examples of these collaborative efforts are:
- Community care workers provide one-on-one coordination for patients with frequent hospital and emergency room visits.
- Emergency room guides connect patients to primary care medical homes.
- Opioid prescribers group improves quality of life for people with complex chronic pain.
- Comprehensive mental health services for children strengthen local system of care.
- Regional health information exchange reduces medical errors and duplicative tests.